re: fee for art class?

---------

From: Debbie Nicholas (deeknik_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 05:54:20 PST

I teach high school and we are charging a lab fee for
art for the first time this year. Unfortunately it
has become the responsibility of the art teacher to
collect the fees and write letters and follow-up on
any students not paying the fee. We fortunately have
a community support person in our district, requested
funds to be used as scholarships for students unable
to pay the fees. Students had to fill out
applications and those who received the scholarship
had to participate in some community service, we
painted windows for Christmas.

=====
Debbie
Texas High