RE: Background ideas?

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 05:26:39 PST

Why not crop the original portraits so that background is limited.... I was
trying to remember what my 8th graders looked like in the background
(haven't had them for 3 years - elementary) - but I don't remember having
much background. since it is all proportional reasoning - the photos they
work from don't all have to be the same size to produce the same sized
finished product.
Ellen

> I just finished self-portraits with my 7th graders. I took their pictures
> with a digital camera, altered it to show exagerated shadows, and then
> placed grids copied onto transparencies on top. The students drew grids on
> their paper and then transferred their drawings square by square.

---