Re: Fun Quicky Project

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 23:57:12 PST

In a message dated 02/13/2002 10:33:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
whest177@wheatstate.com writes:

> Then I showed them
> several examples of Pop Art and passed out Shrinky Dink materials and
> colored pencils. They had already done the "hard part" of the assignment,
> so
> they were free to color and concentrate on details with the colored
> pencils.
> They loved it, and will love it even more when I hand them key chains and
> their shrunken projects on our last day.

Good one, Michal....that Shinky Dink's has been mentioned a few times lately.
 Where do you get it? Do you buy it in sheets? The key chain idea is a good
"catch" for remembering the lesson. It reminds me of my holographic glasses
lesson. My 5th grade artists are creating Picasso- type Cubism paintings with
colors that pop out and recede when they look through their glasses. Great
motivators!
Susan on Long Island

---