Re: Fun Quicky Project

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 19:55:54 PST

The Shrinky Dink material is appx. 8x10" - I cut them in 1/2 so their
original size was 5x8 or thereabouts. They are a great size for keychains
when shrunken - about 3-4" tall when finished. I did have to laugh when I
first asked them to bring in a soda/gatorade/frutopia/etc. They wanted to
know what for, and I told them it was a surprise on how, but we were going
to make key chains. The kids thought I was nuts as they pictured key chains
attached to their soda bottles! :-)

I don't what catalog I ordered my material from - one package, cutting them
in 1/2, easily worked for an entire grade level (appx. 30 kids).

As for the backgrounds on my portraits, I don't know what it is that's not
clicking for me - could be the portraits are pencil and the backgrounds are
colored, and the contrast is too different. I don't know if I should push
the portraits more with colors (maybe complementary colors?) or make the
backgrounds more subtle. I'll try to post a picture this weekend - maybe
that'll help. Anyways, thanks for the suggestions Sandy - I'll mull them
over for abit. :-)
~Michal

> Micahl,
>
> I've never worked with Shrinky Dink before and this sounds like so much
fun!
> How big were the kids' original drawings? How big is the shrinky stuff?
How