Fun Quicky Project

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 19:35:25 PST

I requested my middle school students bring their favorite soft drink to
class today, knowing I needed to begin and complete the project in 1 90
minute period. I had them accurately draw their soft drink with pencil for
the 1st 1/2 of the period without any other prompts. Then I showed them
several examples of Pop Art and passed out Shrinky Dink materials and
colored pencils. They had already done the "hard part" of the assignment, so
they were free to color and concentrate on details with the colored pencils.
They loved it, and will love it even more when I hand them key chains and
their shrunken projects on our last day.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids