Background ideas?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 19:26:04 PST

I just finished self-portraits with my 7th graders. I took their pictures
with a digital camera, altered it to show exagerated shadows, and then
placed grids copied onto transparencies on top. The students drew grids on
their paper and then transferred their drawings square by square. The
drawings from this class were awesome and I was thrilled since this is a low
level/achievement class. I was disappointed in the backgrounds tho. Due to
time constraints (I get a new class Monday) I had them collage the
backgrounds, and they didn't turn out as I envisioned. I would like to do
this project again, but need some ideas for what to put on the background.
For some reason I am completely brain dead on this!
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids