Re: fee for art class?

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 19:04:15 PST

I charge my high school students $10 per semester to cover expendables. I
cannot use this money to purchase videos, scissors, etc. but rather the
money is for those items that get used up. I had to write up a proposition
to present to the board, along with the fees that all area schools are
charging. Our board then decided upon the $10 fee. I can charge this because
art is an elective in our high school. Likewise, I cannot charge my middle
school students a fee as art is required for them, but I can require them to
supply several of their own supplies.
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids

>anyone out there charge a fee for art classes?
>I want to start doing this and our district is saying no it's not fair.
the townspeople just last week voted NO for >a bond election to repair our
schools. we haven't had repairs in 30 yrs but admin.'s salaries are sky
high.