Re: Elementary/You get what you get...

---------

From: Rick (rlarson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 14:32:12 PST

I'm laughing, because it happens to all elementary ( and probably higher
level ) teachers. I tell mine, "You get the one the universe wants you
to have." They never quite get it, but they don't ask anymore. As far
as weaving, I tell them that WalMart has beautiful colors, and they can
bring in a skein if they promise to share.Betsy

ARTNSOUL12@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 02/12/2002 10:08:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> whest177@wheatstate.com writes:
>

>> On to 4th grade where we are weaving and
>> some students want colors I don't have
>
> BEFORE I hand out supplies, colored paper, etc. there's a little chant
> I say and the kids now repeat it aloud..."You get what you get and you
> don't get upset." This way no ones even dares ask for a color they
> "want". Of course, the kids have choices to make, but sometimes there
> are situations where you need to control amd just don't have time for
> the bickering.
> Just another one of my little routines....Susan on Long Island ---
> leave-artsednet-7600Y@lists.getty.edu

---