Re: Curriculum

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 20:40:16 PST

My district sets curriculum, but in a general way and covering the
standards. Those concepts can be taught in a myriad of ways, using a
myriad of media. When I made a move this year from 15 years of teaching
8th grade to high school--I had the same kids. I had refined my program
to good, proven projects that everyone liked--threw in a couple of new
ones each year to keep myself interested etc. Now I have 6 preps a day
and I need to do totally new projects from all my old favorites, because
they've already done them. It's a huge uphill climb every day. When I
want curriculum help, I mean that I need good interesting stimulating
ideas and projects to use in my classes. I'll worry about how to fit them
into district standards and my own goals for the kids. Sid

# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #
# Elko, NV 89801 #