Re: artist / teacher

---------

gregjuli_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 16:25:19 PST

I also can totally relate to Jan's thoughts. I am so zapped on Fridays!!
If I do have "extra" time I love planning and researching for new lessons and
other school relateded stuff. My colleagues think I'm nuts and should not even
think about school when you leave. If one is teaching K-8, you need to be a
jack-of all trades in art, whereas in high school one usually is teaching
specifics- painting , ceramics, metals. Covering a wide area really takes up
time. But I do agree when I need an art fix, I enjoy taking classes.
Good Luck to all of you do the balancing act!
MaryB

"Hillmer, Jan" wrote:

> One of my personal struggles, and it
> haunts me daily, is the juggling of parenthood, teaching art and
> creating art. For the most part, the immediate needs create the
> priority, and thus, the creation of my art often gets shelved for
> another time.

---