Make the grade count

---------

From: Karen Chilman (ChilArt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 18:05:09 PST

Related Arts teachers had a 7am meeting this morning (don't you love it)! The hot topic of discussion, our courses should count in grade point averages. Right now only the "academic", haha, courses "count" on gpa's, but all courses count for extra-curricular eligibility.
Next year we are adding another "academic" team, thus making a 6th team....result for related arts, cuts my curriculum because I have another team to squeeze in. I will cut my 7th and 8th grade curriculum in half. I will now have 6 weeks with each grade.
Problem, related arts courses are not all going to be 6 weeks in length. We are also moving to trimesters.
I am wondering if others of you are dealing or have dealt with these issues. Do related's "count"? Are they stand alone or do you average with other related arts to make a semester average! Help!

---