Re: MUSIC in the art room

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 15:07:35 PST

I play a Don McLean CD that has "Vincent" on it. I use the lyrics in
a lesson in the only non art class I teach. The kids like "American Pie"
but think it is country music. I tell them to listen to the lyrics. If they
don't mention Pick up trucks, trains, or divorce then it's not country.
I also play flute music by Carlos Nakai because we often do Native
American inspired art. But, mostly I play Jazz. It is very soothing and
seems to set a good working atmosphere for the classroom. And of
course we are going to the Jazz Museum later this month.
                                                        Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com