RE: artist / teacher

---------

From: Mark Alexander (markcalexander_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 08:34:49 PST

 I also find I put off art making, because other responsibilities (such as work, my boys, my girlfriend, my dog, my church, etc) often need and deserve to be placed higher on the daily priority list. These compromises are not easy for me, but are very common amongst artists and people in general. I have no answers. Just one of life's struggles, I guess. I read somewhere that Leonardo daVinci's deathbed lament was that he regretted that he hadn't spent more time painting.
Mark
"Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@Berkeleyprep.org> wrote: .... One of my personal struggles, and it
haunts me daily, is the juggling of parenthood, teaching art and
creating art. For the most part, the immediate needs create the
priority, and thus, the creation of my art often gets shelved for
another time. .......