Re: Digest PDPs

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 08:28:11 PST

Ruth Campbell wrote:
<snip> > In Mass we can claim 30 PDPs for
> self-directed
> projects--anyone doing this?
> After almost two faithful years of my daily habit, I think I'm ready to
> make the claim,
> but wondered if/how others may be doing same.
>
> Do you submit to principal, or just keep your own log, and fill in on
> recertification forms,
> has Getty considered issuing a certificate to members?

My HS started doing this this year; they are called PDSUs (Professional
Development blah blah). All we are really doing is documenting all the
overtime we already put in. We get one point for every four hours of
non-reimbursed work. I just earned some this week preparing and
delivering student artwork for a regional show. We also get credit for
attending open house (which is more or less mandatory), parent meetings,
field trips (but only the hours outside the 8-4 workday), classes not
being used for professional growth, etc. I'll be getting about a
jillion points for presenting and attending sessions at NAEA.

We log our own hours for each activity, but have to have a witness sign
it. So, if you attend my session at the conference, I'll ask you for a
signature. Likewise, if I attend yours, I'll ask for a signature.

Ostensibly, all this documentation leads to a hike in our paychecks, but
I don't consider it a raise as we don't know if we'll get it next year.

Maggie

---