Re: MUSIC in the art room

---------

From: JPeterson-Shea (jpeterso_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 06:32:03 PST

I also occationally let the kids play their own music (high school level) any
noise problems or inappropriate language in the music and it gets turned off.
My biggest problem is one group not wanting to listen to what the other group
wants or wanting to "baby sit" the CD player and change songs, I tell them if
we can't listen to the entire CD straigh through don't bring it.... In the
event that there are too many problems we sometimes listen to MY music...

Julie

Cindi Hiers wrote:

> well, you will think I am nuts but the kids play their
> music. No language allowed. I will play my Beethovan
> when introducing a new lesson, and any written work.
> Giving them the use of my CD player means they have to
> share and get along and listen to all types of tunes.
> A standard rule is music is played for 1/2 hr (100
> min. blocks) then it can be changed, but it is not an
> issue except with Country! Cindi
> --- Rgart58@aol.com wrote:
> > I like to have music on during class. Iam in need
> > for some new sounds
> > What music/CDs do you play in you classes?

---