RE: Klee Puppets and getting attention

---------

From: J+G Grant (jggrant_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2002 - 04:15:22 PST

I found the book reference that I was looking for - Paul Klee : puppets, sculptures, reliefs, masks, theatre - I think it was printed about 1979 and originally in Switzerland. Beautiful graphics - some look like grinning skulls with button eyes and feathered turbans, all with scrap material bodies. Apparently he loved making these for puppet shows in a quite elaborate home made theatre for his children.

And on the attention getting - a friend of mine swears by this method. Whenever the class is being noisy/ignoring her/etc. - she just writes up '1' on the board. If it continues, then '2' and so on. Apparently someone asks what this is. Her reply? That is the time that you owe me at recess/lunchtime. They apparently sit in the class (or the hall) and finish their work there. She says that she only has to do it about twice in a class - they know she means it. I am going to give it a try.

Gina
Melbourne

---