Re: doing a demo at a table.....

---------

ARTNSOUL12_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 15:18:58 PST

In a message dated 02/10/2002 4:11:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bkramer@srvusd.k12.ca.us writes:

> >How do you get
> > all the students around you at demonstration time... I have a couple of
> > students that act as though its stupid to watch. I know they like to show
> > off to their peers by not coming over.. And, if I can pull them over to
> the
> > table they stand behind me and mug to the other students..?

This works for me on the elementary school level....I have a specially
designated demo table. The kids stand around it and say and do this in
unison: "Hands by my side, and one step back"...Then, they add in a little
high voice (copying my animated hand motions), "freeze, please." It's the
same routine, over and over from K-5, they know my "schtick" so well that
they go right over to the table and don't even need me to lead them in the
chant! They look forward to saying this- don't ask me why.
Susan on Long Island

---