Re: Karen:Art Teachers/Artists

---------

From: Ann Carolan (acarolan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 08:25:52 PST

I, too was a social worker, and then a language art teacher before I went
after my art certification when I was 30. I had secretly always wanted to
be an artist, but had few opportunities to study art. Then I moved to SF
and was surrounded by artists. I feel my temperament is truly best suited
for the arts, but I am more motivated to teach than draw and paint. It
takes so much concentration. I have many distractions and am easily
distracted. Just lately my husband built a studio. That has helped, but I
still find millions of ways to be distracted. All in all, I agree that
teaching helped me become a better artist. For the last 2 summers I went
to a 2 week intensive water color class, and this really helped me get to
a point where I can practice my art. We'll see......

ann c

---