Re: Noise Level and Regaining Control

---------

Iteachart7_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 05:17:57 PST

In a message dated 2/7/02 11:39:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jana@in-motion.net writes:

> Some students are beginning to act as if Art is just an
> extension of their recess. Any and all feedback is welcome (please be
> nice).
> In the meantime, I will put in my earplugs and wait for your replies.
> Thanks
> in advance.

Didn't they tell you?!! Art is recess. It does'nt count, it's an easy "A", It
does'nt matter if I fail after all, it's only Art! that's what I hear all
the time. 25% of my students grade, reflects their behavior upon entering my
room. If they are quiet , on task, listening, etc it's an easy 100 for
those who do care. They get 2 points a day and one warning. At the end of
the week I tell each student what their task grade is and how it effects
their overall class grade. I did this as an intro to my class on the board
(It's amazing what a couple of 30's will do to a grade!) Fortunately, their
art grade is added into their cum same as math or english.
Best of luck
Gabrielle

---