Puppets

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 18:54:10 PST

To make a head, fold a 9 by 12 piece of paper ALMOST in half (leave about
a 1/2 inch tab), vertically. Fold the tab over the edge of the paper and
glue. Fold the tube (for lack of a better word) in half horizontally (open
end to open end). Then fold one end back to the folded center. Flip it
over and fold the other end back to the folded center. It will look like an
M. Four fingers go in one open end, and your thumb goes into the other to
operate the big mouth. If this doesn't make sense, just try it, I think it
will. You can make a body out of paper and attach it to the head. I teach
this to my students in first grade, and they still remember, and like to
make them in fourth and fifth.

Leah

---