Re: Art Teachers/Artists

---------

From: Trish Gorman (TrishGorman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 15:42:37 PST

----- Original Message -----
how many art teachers really wanted to be artists; but for some reason (afraid of failure, didn't want to be a starving artist...)became teachers instead.

I just came across this in a college reading assignment:

"Clara Shear, a wise professional, ...counseled her students to teach others as a way of enhancing their own skill. Shear [said] that [one] would cease to grow...unless [one] gave to others what [one] had learned, for in the process of teaching...one enhances one's own talent."
--Charles V. Willie, Harvard University

---