Re: Noise Level:

---------

From: Neal Rosenblum (nrose757_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 13:50:10 PST

i have found it rather soothing on my nerves and easy with regaining
control of my students by playing something on my recorder. i will start
at the front of the room and walk around with it to certian areas where
they are still talking, continuing to play. this nurturing approach is a
win with the students as it serves as a reminder of showing them that
what they are doing is all right, it is just a bit too close to one's own
edge of comfort with noise in the school. i find that the teacher clap,
the lights are just authoritative devices to impose the role of
"authority" on others. come on, i know if i am with someone who tries to
be an authority on me, i won't be so comforming. i think the same thing
does for teenagers.

neal in Boulder

---