Re: Regaining control when entering.....

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 12:20:05 PST

I learned a simple technique at our last inservice (it was on misbehaving
students). After you demonstrate divide the students into pairs and have one
student "teach" the other what they just learned. Maybe if the "cool"
students know they will look dumb if they can't show their partner...
Another idea would be that anyone who chooses not to watch and participate
during class could come in after school or during lunch to make up their
time. I have always found that a pop quiz now and then also helps keep
students attention on me! :-)
~Michal

> Thanks Bunki.. I needed that! Another question to you is.. How do you get
> all the students around you at demonstration time... I have a couple of
> students that act as though its stupid to watch. I know they like to show
> off to their peers by not coming over.. And, if I can pull them over to
the
> table they stand behind me and mug to the other students..?

---