Kiln Placement

---------

From: Ellen Silverman (mcguffsilver_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 10:41:46 PST

Dear Judy,

    Installing a kiln in an older school also intrigues me. I like what
you said about venting, it is a big help. But I get the impression from
the admin. at my school, if I want a kiln it would have to be in the art
room. I have a small closet space that may work. Do you know how much
space is needed arround the kiln? I figure we are talking only after
school firing I would not want my students in the room over heating.
 Does someone have to be present when the kiln is on? How long does a
firing generally take. As you can tell you are talking to a person who
knows little about the subject. But would not like my students to have
the clay experience. So onward and upward to the great beyond to new
knowledge.
    Thanks for responding to my question about the Yacker Tracker, very
interesting.

Ellen Silverman

---