Re: Art Teachers/Artists

---------

From: Wendy Manning (wmanning_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 13:49:32 PST

At a meeting of art teachers in our district a while back, the question was asked, "What kind of art do you all do yourselves?"
As we went around the table giving our answers, many of us confessed ruefully that with teaching and parenting we didn't have much time or energy left to actually practice our own art. Then one teacher declared,"When we teach art we practice art."
   We may or may not have a recent portfolio of our own to show, but we are intimately involved with art and its creation on a daily basis, and in that way we are still practicing artists.
  The distinction between artist and art teacher is not all that clear and defined.
 Just my 2 cents.
       Wendy

---