Re: Picasso Festival

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 07:51:05 PST

What a neat concept - you need to write down a detailed list of what all you
do and share! I would love to do something like this. I recently finished
teaching a cubist Picasso inspired portrait lesson - similar to what many
others do. When I showed my students his blue and rose period, and then his
collage period there wasn't much response from my 6th graders, but when I
showed them Guernica they immediately related Picasso's emotions to what
they felt back in September. They had a fascinating discussion while I just
sat back.
~Michal