Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Picasso Festival

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 07:51:05 PST

What a neat concept - you need to write down a detailed list of what all you
do and share! I would love to do something like this. I recently finished
teaching a cubist Picasso inspired portrait lesson - similar to what many
others do. When I showed my students his blue and rose period, and then his
collage period there wasn't much response from my 6th graders, but when I
showed them Guernica they immediately related Picasso's emotions to what
they felt back in September. They had a fascinating discussion while I just
sat back.

> In late April I am planning to have a special week long event in my
school- A
> Picasso Festival. The PTA has hired "The Picasso People", a mime troup
> performs a story about Picasso while wearing masks and costumes of people
> his cubistic paintings. To coordinate with this, and to make the
> more meaningful for my students, each of my grade levels is creating art
> based on the many periods/styles in his life. I plan to have an extensive
> exhibit of this work in the lobby the week of the performance.
> If anyone has any ideas that would be appropriate on this theme, please
> them with me. Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
> Susan on Long Island

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (