Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

RE: Noise Level: Flipping lights caution

From: Alix E. Peshette (apeshet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 07:19:05 PST

Light Flipping: Maybe that works in the elementary level, but I've never
had any luck with it in junior high. I use a bell-hop bell which I bought
for a few bucks at a stationary store. I also give the verbal command of
"Heads up, eyes on me." If that doesn't get their attention, I casually
tell the nearest kids that maybe this class doesn't want to leave when the
end of class bell rings. This REALLY gets to junior high kids who want
every opportunity to socialize with their friends between classes.

Just my 2 cents worth
-Alix Peshette