Re: Art Teachers/Artists

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 20:44:46 PST

> Historically, almost all "Artists" had a day job-usually art related <

I love my job, but it's hard to call it a day job. It is a 24 / 7 job.
I pry myself away one night a week to paint and that is difficult.
We all know what this job requires. I met with my supervisor
Friday after school to plan an in-service. Friday night I researched
artists I plan to use next week. I set my classroom up this
morning (Saturday) for next week. Tomorrow (Sunday) I'll drive
students to an awards ceremony in Lawrence. In the evening I'll
cut mats for a display on Monday. I have not even started grades
that were due yesterday. But, I still love my day job.
                                                Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com