Re: Art Teachers/Artists

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 12:43:33 PST

I claim the title Artist/Teacher with pride. If you don't have a passion
for something and keep your hands in it, how can you expect to do
an excellent job of teaching it to others. I tell my students that
their math teachers are working with other mathematicians on a
solution to the national debt on their weekends. I also explain that
the science teachers are busy constructing a telescope to do
important astronomical research. I don't leave out the language
teachers either. They are either collaborating on the great american
novel or privately writing poetry. I only wish it were true. We did have
a basketball coach who used to play for the NBA. (Our kids won games
then) But he got a job as a coach for the new pro team in town.
                                                Not just a Wantabe, Woody in KC

--
                       To respond to me privately via E-mail
                           click on  mailto:wduncan@kc.rr.com