Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Miami conference & sites nearby! (fwd)

From: Robert L. Snyder (rsnyder_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 10:34:00 PST

Forgot to include their ph. # : (305)248-6345 for hrs. and info. Didn't
see a web site listed on their brochure.

From: Robert L. Snyder <>
Subject: Re: Miami conference & sites nearby!

And don't forget to take in the Coral Castle which is on Route 1 about a
1/2 hr. drive south of Miami in the Homestead area. Its a
fascinating (and a bit 'quirky') sculpture garden and house all built out
of coral by one man (Ed Leedskalnin) in the 1930s. Kind of a small
Stonehenge with an Amish flavor to it: he used simple hand tools and
scrap materials from old cars and machinery to construct this interesting

A must see for artists and art teachers who are more involved with
sculpture, ceramics and 3-D. Costs about $8 to get into this privately run
museum and gift shop, but you also get an informative and fun tour/tour
- Rob Snyder, elem. school art teacher, Maryland