enduring learning

---------

From: LEO DAVINCE (ytsirk_uno_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 20:47:51 PST

To try to give a definition to ART is almost like
trying to give a meaning for GOD. There is no one
word or idea that can possibly sum up everything that
is associated with the word.
If there is one thing I would leave with my students,
is that to fully understand this meaning they should
learn to appreciate the many facets and directions
that art has taken. They don't have to agree with it
all but must should learn to respect and attempt to
understand the ideas behind each artist expression.

A- Art is aestethics- the appreciation of beauty-
beauty can be found in a grain of salt, a ray of
sunshine, colour of a flower etc . The world is an
endless treasure chest of surprises and discoveries

R - Renaissance - meaning that each time an artist
creates a work of art a "rebirth" has occurred in the
creation of a new idea.

T - temporal- all of art is a record of man's
achievements, accomplishments and visions of the world
in time dating back to the earliest cave paintings.