Re: teaching/meeting art standards

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 20:46:49 PST

I would agree with this to a point - I have found that IF I can tie the
lesson with an artist, share interesting tidbits about the artist, and
really get the students to relate to the artist/artwork, then they will
remember the entire lesson, project included. One example is my 4th grade
lesson on VanGogh. I have students who come in the artroom 5 years later,
see "Starry Night" on the wall, and blurt out "Hey, that's VanGogh's Starry
Night! We did that in 4th grade!". I'm definitely not saying that I
accomplish that with all my lessons, but there are a few..... :-)
~Michal
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids
whest177@wheatstate.com