Re: Noise Level and Regaining Control

---------

From: Kathleen Shilson (kshilson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 21:53:59 PST

Ditto to this comment- Some students are beginning to act as if Art is just
an extension of their recess. I teach at both levels -middle and High
School. My 7th graders come rushing into my room like it is a gymnasium-
takes about three minutes after the bell rings to settle them down... to me
it is a total lack of respect. And for the comment about a child says to his
mom and dad "I'm being picked on by my teacher" I have had the same senerio
happen. It is to a point I am ready for cameras and microphones in my art
room. I would love to show parents how there litle angels act/behave when
they aren't around. Kids will go home and will twist anything you have
said...
> In a message dated 2/7/02 11:38:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> jana@in-motion.net writes:
>
> << Some students are beginning to act as if Art is just an
> extension of their recess. >>

---