calling parents

---------

From: Fields, Linda (fieldsl_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 10:13:00 PST

"phone call, I have made it a point to immediately call a couple of parents
of my "good" kids. These parents usually don't get calls of any kind, good
or bad. It leaves me with a good feeling to tell a parent what a joy it is
to teach that child and how hard the student works on projects, etc. It's
something I do for me--leaves a better taste in my mouth and reminds me of
why I'm really here."

I do this, too! And you're right, I do it more for me than anyone. One time
years ago I was feeling terrible about my kids,so I took my roll book and
made 3 lists-awul, ok and terrific. Turned out there were more on the ok and
terrific lists than the awful list, but it is the difficult ones we carry
home in our heads.

Have a good weekend everyone. Linda in NC

---