Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

911 art

From: Pam Wellington (loveart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 05:35:11 PST

Forgive me if this has been covered in a previous digest, but I am looking
for images that artists have created on the theme of Sept. 11. Drawings,
paintings, sculptures, mixed-media. I DON'T want photographs or digital
art. That is all I can find on the net. If you have a website that you
know of, or some source, would you post it or email me privately? My high
school art club will be working on a "flag" made up of 10" x 10" works of
art in any media on canvas. The pieces are then sewn together into a flag.
I would like to be able to show them some examples of what contemporary
artists are doing with this theme,but I can't find any, no matter how hard
and long I look. The only website I found was of graffiti murals. Please,
help! Are artists really dragging their feet on this one? or what?
Pam Wellington
Boiling Springs High School, Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania