Re: Noise Level and Regaining Control

---------

From: The Austin's (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 20:22:12 PST

Oh Good One! I could see doing this at the intermediate level. In the
primary classes I say "1,2,3 Eyes on Me" and they get to reply "1,2 Eyes on
You". They like to say it REALLY loud, but it gets their attention quick and
they have to be quick or they don't get to say it cause it's so short.
Intermediate classes I write ART on the board and erase the letters quietly.
When there is no ART on the board there can be no art in the classroom. We
clean up and sit the rest of the time with our heads on our desks
"practicing" being quiet. I've done this twice in 8 years. Middle school and
high school I just stand at the front of the room and glare at them. They
monitor themselves well, and will shush their noisy classmates.
~Michal