Yacker Tracker usefulness?....

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 16:46:17 PST

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road
Danville, CA 94526

>From: "Jana Way" <jana@in-motion.net>
> I am looking for creative ideas for managing noise and regaining control in my
> Art Room. In the past I have had a Yacker Tracker to help with noise control.
> Gosh, I loved that thing!!! Gave the kids a visual and the consequences were
> very clear. However, my school principal has asked me to remove it from my
> classroom.....

*************

Your post caught my eye! I'd really like to know how you liked your Yacker
Tracker and if you really thought it helped to keep the noise down or just a
fun thing to entertain the kids. Would it work at the mid. school level or
do you think it's better for elem.? Also...why did the principal ask for
it's removal? I've been toying with the idea of getting one but haven't
heard much about it's usefulness.

Has anyone else bought one yet? For those of you who don't know what these
are, check your "Arts& Activities" or "School Arts" magazines and you will
see them advertised. Toodles.....Bunki

---