Noise Level and Regaining Control

---------

From: Jana Way (jana_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 08:35:17 PST

I am looking for creative ideas for managing noise and regaining control in my
Art Room. In the past I have had a Yacker Tracker to help with noise control.
Gosh, I loved that thing!!! Gave the kids a visual and the consequences were
very clear. However, my school principal has asked me to remove it from my
classroom. Since it has been gone I have been talking myself blue in the face
in trying to keep the noise at an acceptable level. Those nice quiet students
have turned on me. Some students are beginning to act as if Art is just an
extension of their recess. Any and all feedback is welcome (please be nice).
In the meantime, I will put in my earplugs and wait for your replies. Thanks
in advance.

---