compolation of budget replies

---------

From: JPeterson-Shea (jpeterso_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 06:33:41 PST

Here is most of the replies that I have received about budgets. As a
recap of my own situation I receive aprox $25 per student for a school
year, about $6.25 per 9 wks. I teach 8-12 grade. I think that I missed
a few. Sorry. I am beginning to feel good about what I do get. In
connection with your budgets are there any standards that are expected
for your classes? I have been looking over my state standards and there
is no way that I can address them all with what I am given. (not to
mention the time that I have with the kids) Any thoughts or
suggestions.
Julie

I got $600.00 from school for 550 kids. $100.00 from my PTA for
whatever I
want and $400.00 from the district to pay for instructional materials.
Janet

I get about $1.75 per student and we are not allowed to charge a fee.
This is middle school.
Heather

I charge a lab fee of $5 for a quarter class (9 weeks) and $10 for a
semester class. My budget on top of that is about $200 a year.
-Alix Peshette

Wow, am I ever in the pits. I have less than $1 per student. Please send

me a copy of your research aimed at determining an average of how much
schools receive for budgets.
ann c

I usually spend approximately $5 per child, once was a separate fee, but
now
has all been lumped together in their annual fees for my K-6 schools. So
about
$1500 each school, but I have a great principal who has helped us spend
a bit
more the last year. Laura C

are you high school? middle school?
I teach middle (6,7,8) and have $10 per head. This is for a cycle of
nine weeks. Maggie T

I teach Elementary school. My budget for the last few years was about
$3.50 per child. I say about, because we have a large transient
immigrant population and the numbers always change. Also the town
freezes the budget and if all our supplies don't come in our first
ordering
of them, usually the funds are frozen and we are not allowed to reorder.
L Miller

---