Re: glazes

---------

From: Numo Jaeger & Michael Miller (jaegmil_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 18:03:02 PST

Marion,
I have personally always found glazes at the 05 range just plain look like
low fire glazes. But if anyone knows some glazes at that range that
simulate stoneware glazes I'd like to know myself.

Laguna makes some nice commericial glazes that have some of the quality of
stoneware. These glazes fire at cone 5. Part of the quality of stoneware
pieces is the sound and the feel. This is hard to replicate at cone 05.
-Numo

---