pencils and erasers

---------

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 17:45:04 PST

I keep enough pencils and erasers for each student at each table. Here's
the catch. . . I keep the same pencils out until they can't be sharpened
any more, if any are lost, I just put out old ones I've saved. Broken?
Sharpen them and put them out again. I cut my erasers in half on purpose,
seems then that the students don't steal them (they do, however, put holes
in them with the pencils). Some erasers get lost, but I only put new ones
out once a month, so the students know they have to care for them or they
are out of luck. Students who like to have a fresh pencil and eraser bring
their own (and usually forget it, yay, more pencils for me, hee hee).

Leah

---