Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Literacy standards

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 17:19:46 PST

I had students construct three sided pyramids, then . . . on one side they
illustrated a beginning of a story, on another side, they illustrated the
middle, and on the third side, they illustrated the end. In one class the
stories were written before art class. In other classes, I had the students
make the stories up in their heads, then tell the story in class, showing
the illustrations. The pictures seemed to help students come up with
details. I thought of this idea, because I used to draw and think of
stories about things I was drawing. Plus, we all know how kindergarteners
can tell you a complete story about something that you may not even be able
to recognize!