glazes

---------

From: Marian Colman (Colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 02:27:17 PST

Numo,
Are there any low fire glazes ( 05 range) that are different and more
interesting than the Amaco gloss, crystal-x, alligator and underglazes? I
am so tired of these and am looking for something that is less commercial
and more earthy looking. Something that is closer to the look of a
stoneware glaze. I don't want to mix glazes myself, but wouldn't mind just
adding water. Maybe there is something new that I don't know about. I am
also interested in something that comes in gallon bottles so we can pour
into big containers and then dip our pieces. Thanks for your help.
Marian

---