Re: Sax sales

---------

From: Sandy Bacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 20:56:36 PST

Judy,

I have about $2,000 for my home elementary school, population give -or-take
450, and $600 (plus whatever loose monies the principal can scrape together for
me) for my 130 students at my little country school.
This is my third year teaching and only my second time ordering for an entire
school year. I have spent the majority of my dollars shopping from my Sax
catalogue.

Our school has an ordering day (no school for kids, in-service for teachers.) I
sit there all day, outline curriculum for the next year, and pour over Sax ' and
other vendors' catalogues.

For some things, (like pencils, construction paper, tape, little things) we get
a really big discount on from one company because the entire school district
gets a deal. However, if I really want anything specific, I most always order
from Sax.

Which reminds me. .. I ordered something and it was the wrong item. Not the
fault of Sax, but mine because I wrote down a Mac number instead of a PC
number. I shipped the item back, but didn't save the shipping receipt. Sax
does not have anything to verify that they received it. I don't have a slip and
Mailboxes, Inc. is having difficulty tracking the package, because it was so far
back, Oct/Nov.

Got any suggestions on how to solve the mystery? The school secretary is on my
case.

Hope this helps.

Sandy

---