Re: Clay traps

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (sidmill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 17:17:41 PST

I sent the same message a couple of months ago, but I didn't have an order
from OSHA--you can call a plumber and they'll get one for you. You could
build one--really it's just a giant bucket under the sink--the water and
junk falls in, the junk settles out and the water drains out up high in
the bucket. My maintenance man refused to deal with one--he said the
smell is unreal. He said he wouldn't clean it. It's like the old
fashioned cess pool-collects pieces of skin cells and rots.

Instead I have a 6" tall piece of
pvc pipe which fits into the drain hole and has
1/4" holes drilled up about an inch high up from the bottom of the sink
and other random holes above that. The water drains slowly so the clay
settles out and then I scrape it out every couple of days or so.
It's working really well. Sid
# Sidnie Miller #
# Elko High School #
# College Avenue #