Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Taking My Students to Washington DC

From: nancy kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 16:32:40 PST

the national gallery has a great online exhibit. i went there last june with
a student who won a congressional art award. also the renwick gallery was
awesome. lots of really neat ceramics, sculptures, thomas moran paintings,
too much to mention. riding the metro was fun., take comfortable shoes! all
walking! it's really far from the metro to the vietnam memorial from any
direction. frank stella has a new sculpture at national gallery - suspended
in air! way cool! bus tour of arlington cemetery might be too long for jr.
high. take snacks for your hotel room. not much in the way of easy to get to
cheap food for kids where we were, across street from library of congress.
neat old neighborhoods with renovated brownstones - i had a ball with my
have fun.
nancy in texas