RE: computers

---------

From: Dokachev, Catherine (CDOKACHEV_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 12:21:19 PST

I haven't done very much computer art, but I have done a little. I work k-5
in a district that does not have any art software except for Paintbrush for
the elementary level, which comes free with almost all computers. I have
the first grade use the geometric shape tools to draw the shapes and overlap
them. I think I have them draw about 15 shapes. Then they use the primary
colors to color in the shapes. I also teach them how to write their name
into the picture and how to save into our network folders and to print.
That's it. Sometimes I have the third grade come in to be computer buddies
and help the first graders. Second grade has come in and done the same
project but where the shapes overlap they put in the secondary colors. The
last project I do is with the fifth grade. They come in and the only thing
I tell them is that they have to draw an object, not a design. I show them
some of the little things about using Paintbrush, like how to copy an object
and then paste it in repeatedly, how to zoom in and work with the pixels one
at a time, how to change the font when you want to add text to your artwork.
The kids only get two 40 minutes periods to do it, but they come up with
some amazing things. I am always very impressed! The best thing to do is
to experiment and fool around with it on your own. Enjoy it and good luck!
-Cathy

Hi everyone...I NEED help
I teach grades k-5. I was just given 2 students computers with Kidpix and
Printshop installed. What can I do with these. Are there any programs that

I can order?

---