RE: Literacy standards

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (hillmjan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 08:46:06 PST

I had to apply these standards to my classes when I was in TX. This
folds in neatly with students writing about their work and/or evaluating
somone else's work. Stuff like - Describe the art work using words like
Line, Color, Shape, Value, etc. What materials were used to create
it? How do you think the artist created it (5 steps)? What 'story' is
the artist telling in this art work? What makes this art work special?

It's really fun to have the kids figure out the process or procedure for
a project as you introduce it. This ties in nicely with that beginning,
middle and end. If you use your lesson plans with your kids and involve
them in more verbal ways, it's pretty easy. Except. . . I know -
what about the art time?
Jan