World War II Art

---------

From: Marcia Scurfield (mkscurfield_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 19:50:24 PST

There is a wonderful artist named Roger Shimomura, a painting professor at U. of Kansas, who did a series on the Japanese-American internment at the Minidoka Internment Camp, called "The American Diary" I believe. Roger is represented by th Bernice Steinbaum gallery and another gallery in Seattle, I believe. A web search for "Roger Shimomura" will bring you results. The Wichita Art Museum owns a fascinating painting of his called "Video and Superman" (I think).

Marcia, Derby, KS

---