This was a shocker

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 17:14:39 PST

I sat down today with some of the department heads from math, english,
etc, you know those courses. In attendance also was the curriculum
director. Here in Texas we are getting ready for THAT TEST. You all know
the one, TAAS. Anyhow, I was to show what my Fine Arts department could
do to support the TAAS courses. Low and Behold this summer I attend the
Fine Arts Summit in San Antonio, we recieved a lesson on Van Gogh that
showed connecting the lesson to math, english, history, and science.
This was nothing new more most art teachers, just reinforcement.

Now to the shocker, out of the mouths of the core teachers, "What happened
to art just being a craft class. You do more in your class than we have
our students do in ours". My suggestion, come learn from the pro's.

Jackie Aust
Bryan Texas
austart@bryanisd.org
jab1997@bryanisd.org